The Sharon Land Trust is dedicated to stewarding our lands and protecting those of special scenic, ecological, or agricultural value. The Land Trust owns and oversees more than 3,400 acres, including 10 preserves that are open to the public and offer some of the best hiking trails in Connecticut. Our work ensures that these lands—and others like them—are protected in perpetuity.
The Sharon Land Trust…
- Acts as stewards of more than 1,682 acres of land owned by the Sharon Land Trust , with the goal of conserving another 400 acres of farm and forest by 2024.
- Oversees conservation easements on 1,926 acres of privately owned land.
- Maintains more than 25 miles of trails open to the public for recreation and exploration.
- Works in partnership with other organizations and the town government to advocate for open space.
- Educates residents and the greater community about the importance of conservation of our natural resources.
- Supports community involvement with a robust volunteer corps, a scholarship program, a two-week student work project and an intern program.